Nathan P. Flynn
in Denver, Colorado
Nathan P. Flynn is an associate with Hill & Robbins, P.C, where his practice emphasizes the fields of complex civil litigation, class and consolidated actions, and water and natural resource law.
Mr. Flynn has effectively represented his client’s interests in both federal and state court litigation. He has served as part of the lead counsel team representing statewide classes of Colorado consumers in nondisclosure cases against several automobile insurance companies, and as counsel for businesses with complex tort and contract claims. His efforts on behalf of Colorado consumers have contributed to nearly $100 million in settlements, including a $31.5 million settlement in a consumer class action brought against American Family Insurance Company. Mr. Flynn also has experience representing clients in mass tort actions, such as In re Denture Cream Products Liability Litigation, MDL 09-2051, where he served as a member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee.
In his water and natural resource practice, Mr. Flynn provides advice and representation to special districts, water conservation districts, municipalities, and homeowners associations on a variety of matters, including those involving water rights and water supply development.
Mr. Flynn currently resides in Denver with his wife, Daisy. In his free time, he enjoys fly fishing, backpacking, cycling, and traveling with friends and family.
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States Court of Appeal for the Tenth Circuit
Memberships and Affiliations
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D. (2007)
- Colorado State University, B.A., Political Science and Economics (2003)
Selected Published Cases
- Colorado Common Cause v. Gessler, --P.3d --, 2012 WL 3755615 (Colo. App. August 30, 2012).
- Jackson v. Unocal Corp., 262 P.3d 874, 877 (Colo. 2011) (Attorney for Amicus Curiae Colorado Trial Lawyers Association)
- Farmers Ins. Exchange v. Benzing, 206 P.3d 812 (Colo. 2009) (Attorney for Amici Curiae John Quinn, Marcia Quinn, and Lynn Young).
- Briggs v. American Nat. Prop. & Cas. Co., 209 P.3d 1181 (Colo. App. 2009)
- Wagner v. Travelers Ins. Co., 209 P.3d 1119, (Colo. App. 2008).